The following stipulations govern the content of gtycanada.org for questions of usage, copyright, and permissions:
Audio & Video
Our policy has always been to allow our listeners to copy our Bible-teaching audiocassettes and distribute them, as long as they don’t sell them. We’re still glad to extend that permission for cassette tapes. However, we have to adapt our policy in light of the heightened potential for abuse that comes with new technology.
Consequently, we prohibit the duplication or distribution of audio or video messages in any digital format (e.g., CDs, DVDs, MP3 or MP4 files, or Internet site postings) without prior written permission. Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.
Since many of John MacArthur’s published materials are still in print and the publisher holds the duplication rights, we are unable to grant blanket copy permission.
Please contact us with each separate request for permissions regarding out-of-print materials or Grace to You publications. For resources still in print, please contact the respective publishers to get their permissions.
We are happy to allow you permission to use content from the Resources section of our website under the following guidelines.
Using GTY Web Content – General Guidelines
- Provide the content for free.
- Make no changes to the content.
- Credit the content to John MacArthur or Grace to You.
- Cite the copyright information (e.g. Copyright 2007, Grace to You. All rights reserved. Used by permission.).
- Cite the source by providing the Web address (www.gtycanada.org).
Posting GTY Web Content on Your Website
- Link to the article on the Grace to You website (preferred), or,
- Post it in accordance with the General Guidelines and include this message on every page of posted content: “This article originally appeared here at Grace to You.”
- Make the word “here” link to the specific URL where the content lives.
- Make the words “Grace to You” link to the Grace to You homepage.
Distributing GTY Web Content
Distribution in print (newsletter, bulletin, tract, etc.) or in an email is permissible, provided it’s in accordance with the General Usage Requirements.
Using GTY Web Transcripts
Since many of our transcripts have not been subjected to our editorial process, usage permission is extended as follows:
- You may use any transcript from the Sermon Series section in accordance with the guidelines stated above.
- If you desire to use transcripts that are not in the Sermon Series section, send us an email to request specific permission (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are happy to grant you permission to link to Grace to You’s tract “Who Do You Think I Am?” from your Web page(s). However, we ask that you please do not mirror or copy the tract in any manner that is independent of a direct link to Grace to You’s website. Thank you.
Printed copies of this tract are available for purchase; just click here or call for information (in Canada 800-565-2425; outside Canada, 450-687-8736).